Red line, Red hooks, Are fish THAT stupid to think the minnow is bleeding?

Okay fellow fisherman,

I have been keeping an eye on the red hook, red line craze ever since the 21st century began and it seemed quite ridiculous at first..... Until I tried it.... it didn't seem ridiculous... IT WAS RIDICULOUS. It didn't make me catch more fish, in fact made me catch less. After 2 hours of fishing with a "bleeding hook" I switched to a NORMAL hook and Whoa! what magic. 15 bass in about 1 hour.

I want to know your opinion on "red" hooks, line;etc. Does this work for you, or is it the same for you?

IS THIS TOPIC INTERESTING?

CHECK OUT WWW.ILIVETOFISH.COM

Tags: Red, bass, erik, gamakatzu, hook, largemouth, line, luzak, okuma

Views: 876

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i thought the whole red line thing was so the fish couldnt see the line as well, maybe im wrong
Yeah that was the point.
But it doesn't really work. They say in order for the line not to show you need a red hook so it "contrasts better"/
Hi Jon
I have nothing but good things to say about the blood hooks. My buddy was trolling the opposite side of the boat than Me and was catching all the fish with the blood Rapala. I was using the same size of rapala, with no blood and not catching anything. We switched sides and He caught three to My nothing in 15 minutes. I had some red nail polish that I use to put some markings on the lures with Me and I painted the hooks red and put a few marks near the head of the plain rapala and was into bass pretty quick. I have since put some red hooks on some of my other lures and it seems to have improved the fishing. My 2 cents worth

Larry
Did the word Luck ever occur to you?

If not, How about coincidence?
Some lures catch the eye of the buyer. My father only uses Mepps spinners with a red tube on the treble. They came standard on the Mepps spinner before 1990. He simply feels better with a red plastic tube, despite the Mepps still works the same without it, and if a lure makes you feel better and your confidence is up, you catch more fish. Ever notice that some people can't catch a fish. I have a friend who while catfish fishing with a worm, despite I am sitting beside him catching fish, can't catch anything. lol. Is it luck?
Mepps are GREAT baits.

Your right about the whole confidence thing. It's true :)

I can't go wrong with a powerworm
Red devils work really well for trout And a red and gold wardens worry out fishes any other spoon when fishing for spent salmon in estuaries in my area ...however there is no fish with red on it that lives here hmmmmmmm...ive also found that a red butt fly will produce on Salmon when the standard colour files(same patterns with standard yellow butt ) dont some days..... is it because it looks like blood? to bad fish cant talk........and have you ever tryed spoons with the little red plastic flutterers on each side of the hook i find these outfish the same spoon without them sometimes as well.
Red is one of the first colors to lose its color in the water column. For instance, offshore guys might use the red line to be sure fish don't see the line in deeper depths. Contrastingly, blue is one of the last colors to go in the depths. Can't help you on the red hooks though. As far as I know fish see most colors in the shallow depths. Maybe some fish really do think it's bleeding, or it's gill flare...
colors critical For Atlantic Salmon ,salmon wet flys are tyed almost identical pattern wise just the colors are changed Some flys they just wont hit while nailing that special colour one,so thats one species of fish it matters to however ive caught bass on a piece of rubber tire off an RC car lol so maybe its action that triggers strikes in bass moreso than colour...and i know with Brook trout when useing blue fox bell type lures one will outfish the other on different ponds although the firetiger is good on all and the things green and orange go figure
Panther martins work awsome ...the best one i find here for brookies is the yellow body one with the red and silver blade ...i lost one once on a big brookie and my buddie continued catching them on his while i got skunked for the rest of the day ...anyone dosent think colour matters can go fishing with me anytime for sure ....try a fire tiger blue fox bell next time you go troutin there let me know how it worked for you brookies love it here
I have found red hooks and line to be effective in different situations.
1. The Ragin Cajun line works well in deep water because light rays can't penetrate. I used it in numerous drift situations and did fine with rollin over some humps for some bronze backs.
2. Gamagatzu...? red hooks, for a drop shot rig, work well for me. I think the movement ads something extra with the red hooks.
But all in all no woop di doo.
Quick answer for everyone,

When fish are hungry they "Eat" doesnt really matter at that point based on color pretty much. Toss something that is proper for size, and the fish will normally eat it if they are hungry.

RSS

Fishing Photos

Loading…
  • Add Photos

Fishing Videos

• Add Fishing Videos

Fishing Groups

Fishing tips, adivce, and bragging are what fishing is all about. This is North America's largest fishing social network.

© 2014   Created by GetReeled.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service