What style of fishing do you use for largemouth vs. smallmouth bass?

What works best for you for Largemouth vs. Smallmouth bass?

Views: 233

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Smallies - 3" Pearl White Gulp! Alive! minnow grub, jerkbaits, topwater poppers, and the occational lipless crank
Largemouths - Spinnerbaits, pretty much any soft plastics, pretty much any topwater, varios crankbaits depending on the depth the fish are holding at and the colors they want.
I mostly flip football jigs, and other styles. I use alot of whacky head setups as well.....Sometimes i use some DD22's and spinner baits.
i fish in lakes that have both species. i have found that it doesnt mater what i use. i love to fish with soft plastics. there have been days where i throw worms and caught only largemouths. the next day same place same lure and only caught only smallmouths. there preadators there going to strike anything if the oppertunity presents itself.
LARGEMOUTH:its not so much the lure as the style of fishing I personally slow it down for largemouth
SMALLMOUTH:Smallmouth bass are a very aggressive species my favorite because of their aggressive nature which in turn makes for faster retrieves with any lure.. spinnerbaits- i almost always burn the top of the water almost, Topwater-faster retrieves, Swimbaits-fast retrieves almost everything is in a faster higher pace action with smallmouth they will go the 20-30 feet with a largemouth they will go 15ft if your presentation is PERFECT
I GOT ANGLER OF THE YEAR, ANUAL BIG BASS, AND WON MY CLASSIC TOURNAMENT....ALL IN ALL I DID AWESOME THIS YEAR!!!!!
Largemouth, Jigs and swimbaits are my favorites can't beat a Texas rigged worm too...Smallmouth Jigs but a different style than the Largemouth jig, creatures and smaller worms. I found a new company that has awsome baits for Largie's and Smallie's and their baits are really different, my catch rate is way up I don't think the fish have seen these baits before.

RSS

Fishing Photos

• Add Photos

Fishing Videos

• Add Fishing Videos

Fishing Groups

Fishing tips, adivce, and bragging are what fishing is all about. This is North America's largest fishing social network.

© 2018   Created by GetReeled.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service