What you have to do:
1) go fishing, and 2) document your outing in whatever manner or medium you desire. The scoring criteria will be based primarily on creativity and content quality. We want to hear your tales, truths, and lies. That perfect hole? Get creative and show us what it reaps without giving away its location. Those landmark directions you overheard in the bait shop line? Now’s the time to check them out. Get out there–anywhere–with your rod, notebook, camera, sketchpad, voice recorder, newest phone, whatever you need to create an interesting, multi-dimensional blog post.
We’re looking for creative photos that are more than just ‘grip and grin’ shots, and contribute to the overall quality of the post. Let’s see some style! Ideally, the writing content of your post will cover the who, what, where, when, and how of your story with uniqueness, creativity, and poignancy. Additionally, we’ll be looking for ways in which your blog post distinguishes itself from a typical blog post and the other submissions. Go at it alone, or work together. Don’t sweat the final product, just go fishing, be yourselves, and document it! Bonus points will be awarded for mentions and inclusions of Fetha Styx within your submission.
The first-place blog entries will receive a Predator rod. We will select the best spin-fishing story and the best fly-fishing story. Second place receives a Fetha Styx apparel package, and third place will receive a mystery package from Fetha Styx.
First prize Salmon-Steelhead Predator gear rod: FSSH-963-2.
* RX-6 Graphite construction
* Graphite reel seat with stainless steel hardware
* Stainless Steel guides with zirconium rings
* Counter-balanced to eliminate fatigue and increase sensitvity
* Durable, moderate-fast action
Model #: FSSH-963-2; Power: Medium; Rod Action: Moderate-Fast; Length: 9′6″; Line weight (lb.): 8-12; Lure weight (oz.): 3/8 – 3/4; Pieces: 2.
First prize Predator fly rod.
* IM-6 graphite in dark blue
* TICH plated strippers with PVD blue zirconium rings
* Double hard chrome single foot guides
* An easy to cast moderate-fast action rod
* A great combination of value and performance
Model #: FSF-905-4; Rod Action: Mod-Fast; Line Weight (lb.): 5; Length: 9′; Pieces: 4.
How Your Work Will Be Used:
A selection of the strongest submissions will be published (okay, don’t get too wild out there) online at fethastyxblog.com, which means they may be edited slightly and/or formatted for web use. If you don’t want Fetha Styx using your material, please don’t submit (or tell us what your issues are).
We’ll start accepting submissions on Wednesday, October 7th and close the submission window on Monday, November 16th with the winner announced soon afterward!
How to Submit:
Email your blog post submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org. Send them as attachments, in the body of the email, or a combination of both.
Send them our way via email@example.com.